Pressure cooker yellow rice
This is a twist to your everyday rice
I made this rice to go along with chicken curry one day because we had some extra turmeric in the house and tried to use it up. It is interesting to mix different flavours into rice like this. With an Instant Pot or a rice cooker, these types of rice dishes can be made easily.
This rice goes well with meats and adds a nice twist on the everyday basmati rice.
- 2 cups of basmati rice
- 2 cups of chicken broth (1:1 ratio with water)
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- t tsp turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash and put basmati rice into pot
- Add other ingredients and stir until well mixed
- 10 minutes in electric pressure cooker at high
- Natural release for 5-10 minutes